Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mui Ne

This could quite possibly be the last blog of the trip... I cannot believe how fast it went by, yet at the same time certain memories feel like a lifetime ago. But before I get all sappy and make this like a bad yearbook signing let me just say that Vietnam is a-w-e-s-o-m-e !

Right now I'm in Mui Ne, a small beach town, which since the paving of the road just a few years ago has become a major kite surfing destination. All day I lounge on the beach and watch at least 40 - i stopped counting after 40 - kite surfers fly past. It's a little like extreme cirque du soleil. And as the kite surfers show off with their fancy tricks, the wind surfers whiz by underneath. All this does make it a little hazardous to swim ... but whatever. Mui Ne is a great ending to an unbelievable trip, nothing to do but lay on the beach, read a book, and think back on everything I've seen and done.

I don't want to make this one of those recap/montage-end-of-the-season blog entries, that's what the photo albums (and that's a big plural) are for, but if I had to wrap this whole thing up with one poignant statement I'd say that all the beauty I've seen since I left for Brazil last June, most certainly outweighs all of the ugly.

Anyway, my final Mui Ne dinner is calling. Tomorrow I'll soak up my last Vietnam rays and bus it back to Saigon in order to catch my very early Friday morning flight back home.

Home. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't miss your flight. - Daddyo-ho